Centovalli is a valley and a municipality in the district of Locarno in the canton of Ticino in Switzerland. On 25 October 2009 the municipalities of Borgnone, Intragna and Palagnedra merged into the municipality of Centovalli.HistoryBorgnone is first mentioned in 1364 as Brugnono'. Intragna is first mentioned in 1272 as Intranea'. Palagnedra is first mentioned in 1379 as ''Pallagnidrio'.BorgnoneIn the Middle Ages it was part of the Locarno region. In the 15th Century, it became a Degagna, which was part of the bailiwick of Locarno between the 16th Century and 1798. It then became an independent political municipality when the municipality of Centovalli was split in 1838.It belonged to the parish of Palagnedra and in 1630 became a vice-parish. The Church of Beata Vergine dell 'Assunta (built 1364-65) underwent several transformations.A strong seasonal emigration supplemented the income from agriculture and animal husbandry of the residents. Since 1964, a small textile factory was built on the border in Camedo. The majority of the population (1990: 70%) is in the services sector, and half of all residences are second or vacation homes. In 1923 the Locarno-Domodossola rail line was completed.
Fügen Sie diese Karte zu Ihrer Website hinzu;