Arni is a municipality in the Bern-Mittelland administrative district in the canton of Bern in Switzerland.HistoryArni is first mentioned in 1185 as Arne. The village was probably acquired by Bern in 1399 and placed in the Signau Herrschaft. The Herrschaft was abolished in 1529 and the village became a Bernese bailiwick. Following the 1798 French invasion, Arni became part of the Helvetic Republic district of Höchstetten. When the Helvetic Republic collapsed in 1803, with the Act of Mediation Arni was assigned to the Konolfingen district. Today the village is still mostly agricultural, with nearly half of all jobs in farming.GeographyArni has an area of. Of this area, 7.15km2 or 68.5% is used for agricultural purposes, while 2.67km2 or 25.6% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 0.58km2 or 5.6% is settled (buildings or roads), 0.01km2 or 0.1% is either rivers or lakes.Of the built up area, housing and buildings made up 3.8% and transportation infrastructure made up 1.5%. Out of the forested land, all of the forested land area is covered with heavy forests. Of the agricultural land, 35.9% is used for growing crops and 31.3% is pastures, while 1.2% is used for orchards or vine crops. All the water in the municipality is flowing water.